Sunday, July 6, 2008

Unremarkable Re-entry

Hello. I guess I'll just pick up where I left off, and make everybody feel as comfortable as possible in the wake of this inexplicable seven month hiatus. So...

Forthcoming posts will likely include:
  • Some less reactionary, better informed arguments concerning the dangers inherent in the political movement known as environmentalism.
  • Further consideration about the person of Jesus.
  • Some photoshopped self-portraits.
  • Questions about pedagogy and the problems implicit in "teaching."
  • Observations concerning "the South," from a newly embedded reporter.
  • A review of E.L. Doctorow's City of God and some insightful critical commentary.
  • Some parables (because they have ears, but do not listen--or whatever).
  • Links to incredible or important news items.
  • A poem or two.
  • Some radical and possibly controversial interpretations of history.
  • Plenty of other unnecessary 500-wordish experiments in communication.

And, I hope -- I still genuinely hope -- that all of my readers will feel welcomed and encouraged to comment or criticize or debate or, finally, to acquiesce on a semi-frequent basis.