Tuesday, July 10, 2007

8 Questions, 9 Answers. Prophet Rating: 100%

A wise man, Michael at Wishydig, tagged me to fill out a sort of questionnaire. Click here to read the annoyingly-extensive rules; all you need to know are, these are 8 facts about me that I want to share:

1. I broke both bones in my left wrist trying to catch up with a girl at a roller rink in 5th grade.

2. I visited AutoWorld with my family in 1985, when I was 7 (Michael Moore was 33 then).

3. I used to dream that I was being bombarded by letters and numbers, letters and numbers that sort of bounced off my face (it was not painful) and coalesced into a large, orange object that rolled, rolled, rolled. I had the dream many times when I was young, and usually awoke terrified--mostly terrified because my perspective of the large rolling orange ball was sort of a "mouse-eye-view."

4. I once sprayed a whole bottle of Binaca mouth spray under my tongue on a dare.

5. I ran across my college campus in a jock strap and swam across one of the campus ponds as part of a "hazing" ritual.

6. The most profound spiritual experience of my life happened in a bowling alley parking lot.

7. I don't enjoy drinking alcohol, but do it sometimes because of peer pressure.

8. I love America and feel guilty about loving America.


Wow--this has been very refreshing. I love it when people ask me questions about me! Thanks, Mike!

#9. The "label" for this post may or may not be intended as ironic.

5 comments:

Wishydig said...

What?! Autoworld lasted less than a year?!

I was there! I remember the concept car that had a name ending in -estor or -ector or something. I remember playing Spyhunter in the arcade.

I remember going there on a field trip and running into my cousin whose school just happened to take a field trip on the same day.

Jon Sealy said...

What happened at the bowling alley?

Casey said...

Oh -- well, I obviously don't have words for it, Jon. In short, my Kundalini energy sprung, the Holy Spirit was in me, I saw what I think Pip saw in chapter 93 of Moby-Dick:

"Pip saw the multitudinous, God-omnipresent, coral insects, that out of the firmament of waters heaved the colossal orbs. He saw God's foot upon the treadle of the loom, and spoke it; and therefore his shipmates called him mad. So man's insanity is heaven's sense."

Except I was just barely able to keep myself from "speaking it," at least for the most part... if you were around in early March of this year, shipmate, you might've deemed me mad.

How's that? I'll tell you this: I drew a photoshop picture of the moment, from my perspective... you can see it on my MySpace page. The image of the light post above the trees.

Jon Sealy said...

I think I remember that.

Buffy Turner said...

Woah, Casey: I used to see a big, orange rolling thing, too. I can't remember if they were really dreams, though, or if it just came when I'd close my eyes. And did it just keep expanding?