Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Word-Image

I was going to write a really long and interesting summary of the first half of the third chapter of my dissertation. But thanks to TagCrowd (by way of Insignificant Wrangler), this is all that needs to be said.

created at TagCrowd.com

In fact, looking at this, the rest of the chapter seems almost totally superfluous -- spend about a minute studying this word-image, and you're all set! Hmm... maybe this is the future of academic study. Anyone ever read The Glass Bead Game?

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Interesting that the words 'whale' and 'god' are given equal weight.

Monica said...

Oooh...I love this. I am going to make one for me now! Wouldn't it be great if our dissertations could really look like this?

Casey said...

Yes, Monica -- seems to me that nothing absolutely essential gets lost.

Well, actually (and here's the snob talking), my dissertation is so complicated that it could never be represented in 50 word-images.

But I wonder...